Ten Things to Do When There Is No Power” by Joan Y. Edwards
Have you ever noticed these ten things you inevitably do when you don’t have electricity? I have done these several times when the power went out. I felt so silly. You may have done them, too. We can all feel silly together. That makes it fun. I hope these make you laugh.
Ten Things to Do When There Is No Power
- Turn on the nearest light switch.
- Put a TV dinner in the microwave and turn it on.
- Hit the TV remote to turn on the TV.
- Turn on the lamp in your bedroom.
- Get ice cream out of the freezer and don’t understand why it’s a milkshake instead of regular ice cream.
- Push the control to open the garage door.
- Turn on the radio.
- Turn on your flashlight and discover the batteries are dead and you do not have new ones to replace them.
- Drive to the closest restaurant, not realizing they don’t have power either.
- Reach to call your friend with your cell phone and realize it has no charge left.
Okay. Here are ten things you could do without power. Use your sense of humor.
- Sit and hold hands with your significant other.
- Go outside and look at the stars if it’s night time.
- Use your cell phone to call a friend if you have data.
- Sing your favorite childhood songs.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Tell ghost stories or stories that make you laugh
- Name three things for which you are thankful and why.
- Figure out the first three things you are going to do when the power comes back on.
Please share the silly things you’ve done when you have no power. Share what your main character might do if he or she was faced with no power situation.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards, Author
Copyright © 2009-2020 Joan Y. Edwards
Subscribe to Joan’s blog for new articles of inspiration, information, and humor. Receive free gifts. Join over 222 subscribers and over 1,041,000 visitors. Thank you.