Writer Essentials for Submitting: 4 Steps
I am not an editor, publisher, or agent. I am an author and illustrator who wants to encourage you to submit your work so it can be published.
Below I have outlined steps to follow to submit a great article, poem, puzzle, devotion, illustration, short story, chapter book, middle grade novel, young adult novel, adult novel, song, stage play or screenplay.
You’ve got a great story. Follow these 4 steps and you’ll have the Essentials for Submitting: Go for it.
Writer Essentials for Submitting
Step 1 Get your work critiqued, edited, and proofed.
Step 2 Choose the publisher, editor, agent, or contest for this writing project.
Step 3 Write the pitch, query letter, cover letter, resume, bio, and/or proposal as required by the guidelines of the editor, agent, or contest you chose for submission this time.
Step 4 Time to Submit to publisher, agent, editor, or contest.
Resources to help you improve your writing and/or to inspire you to write more!
A. Learn from reading the works of other authors:
Best-Selling Authors for Children
- James Patterson http://www.jamespatterson.com/
- Rick Riordan http://www.rickriordan.com/
- Jeff Kinney http://www.wimpykid.com/
- Victoria Kann http://www.ilikeart.com/
- Jane O’Connor http://www.fancynancyworld.com/
- Suzanne Collins http://www.suzannecollinsbooks.com/
- K. Rowling http://www.jkrowling.com/
2. Best-Selling Authors for Adults
- John Grisham http://www.jgrisham.com/
- George R. R. Martin http://georgerrmartin.com/
- Catherine Coulter http://www.catherinecoulter.com/
- Janet Evanovich http://www.evanovich.com/
3. Books on the craft of writing.
- Donald Maass: The Fire in Fiction
- Donald Maass: Writing the Breakout Novel
- Donald Maass: Writing the Breakout Novel Workbook
- James N. Frey How to Write a Damn Good Novel
- James N. Frey How to Write a Damn Good Novel, II
- James N. Frey How to Write a Damn Good Mystery
- James N. Frey The Key: How to Write Damn Good Fiction Using the Power of Myth
- Karl Iglesias: Writing for Emotional Impact
- Margaret Lucke: Schaum’s Quick Guide to Writing Great Short Stories
- Noah Lukeman: The First Five Pages
- Darcy Pattison: Novel Metamorphosis
- Jordan E. Rosenfeld: Make a Scene
- Remni Browne and Dave King: Self-Editing for Fiction Writers
Please leave a comment with your questions or email me at email@example.com/
Keep writing. Keep submitting.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © Joan Y. Edwards 2010-2022
Subscribe for new articles of inspiration, information, and humor. Receive free gifts. Join over 255 subscribers and over 1,405,862 visitors. Thank you.