“Collect Images for Fun and Research – Use Pinterest” by Joan Y. Edwards
Wikipedia says Pinterest allows users to save images and categorize them on different boards. You can follow other users’ boards if they have similar tastes. Wikipedia says popular categories are travel, cars, food, film, humor, home design, sports, fashion, and art. I haven’t used Pinterest. I have a folder on my computer where I collect images for my blog. I put them in folders from the different sites from which I downloaded them. I have a folder for those I created. I imagine that Pinterest is similar. It also saves the website where you found the picture. I have to write mine in the word document where I save them. It might save me time. share them. Others can see the URL of the website where each image was found, too.
It’s a great way to collect and save images for your next historical novel, or the family pictures. Want to buy a new home, then collect photos of your favorite homes.
You can keep your pin boards private. You can also share your pinned boards with Facebook or Twitter or send a link through emails. People can leave comments and re-pin what you posted in your collection.
If you used to cut out pictures from magazines and newspapers, this might be a fun digital way to save your favorite images.
Good luck in your collections, either digital or with actual paper documents.
In March 2012, Experian announced Pinterest is the third most used search engine for Social Networks after Facebook and Twitter.
Here’s a video that has 7 ways to use Pinterest to market your website, blogs, books, or other products: http://searchengineland.com/6-simple-tips-optimizing-pinterest-search-pinterest-engineer-smx-204935.
Below are resources that will help you learn how to use Pinterest. You can add a special Pinterest collection to your blog or website and lead more people to find you. A smooth way to enlarge the marketing pool of people who may be interested in buying or reviewing your book, product, or service.
- Jeff Bullas. “Seven Ways to Use Pinterest to Promote Your Business:” http://bit.ly/12ZHycG
- Mitt Ray. “How to Use Pinterest to Promote Your Products:” http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/how-to-use-pinterest-to-promote-your-products/
- Pinterest. “Pinning 101 – About Pinterest…Basics:” https://help.pinterest.com/en/guide/all-about-pinterest
- RealSimple. Six steps. “How to Use Pinterest:” http://www.realsimple.com/work-life/technology/how-to-use-pinterest-00100000087471/
- Stephanie Burkhart. 4RV Publishing. “Using Pinterest as a Marketing Tool:” http://4rvreading-writingnewsletter.blogspot.com/2013/03/using-pinterest-as-marketing-tool.html
- Tristan Higbee. YouTube. “How to Use Pinterest – Tutorial:” www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQP2dBMoCQ0
- Tristan Higbee. (You have to sign up or sign in to see this)”My Pinterest account:” http://www.pinterest.com/tristanhigbee.
- Wikihow. Step by Step Directions and Pictures. “How to Use Pinterest:” http://m.wikihow.com/Use-Pinterest
- Wikipedia. “Pinterest.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinterest
Thank you for reading my blog. You honor me with your presence here.
Celebrate you today.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Copyright © 2013 Joan Y. Edwards