“The Power of Your Attention” by Joan Y. Edwards
I want you to realize the power of your attention. In which of the following statements is the power of attention most obvious.
Choose the 5 that most appeal to you and explain!
- Don’t let negative images shackle your future accomplishments.
- I, not events, will decide whether I will be happy or unhappy today.
- Bloom where you are planted.
- Whenever you get a chance to laugh – take it.
- Take the days the way they come, then make them into the days you want them to be.
- Others can stop you temporarily – you are the only one that can do it permanently.
- We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way We are.
- Negative anticipation becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.
- When you cease to see, it ceases to be.
- Nothing is impossible for the willing mind.
- A winner sees what he likes to happen. The loser pictures failure.
- Who cares where you have been – the world only cares about whether NOW you can or can’t, will or won’t, and do or don’t.
- There is no separating the cause from the effect.
- Your attitude reflects your usefulness in life.
- Happiness is optional, but so is misery.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Small things bother small people.
- A winner does what has to be done even if he does not like to do it.
- Pretend to be what you want to be and you will become what you pretend.
- The way you see life will largely determine what you get out of it.
- Entertain self-pity and you have stress as a constant companion,
- Stress is where we perceive it. .
- Too many lives drift away without an ounce of self-control.
- What you are depends on what you believe to be true about yourself.
- People become what you expect them to be.
- There is always a new chance in life — if you are willing to change.
- If you think you cannot win, you can be sure of defeat.
- If you wait for your mood to be right, you will never accomplish anything.
NOW UNDERLINE THE STATEMENT THAT MOST APPEALS TO YOU. TRANSFER IT TO A 3 x 5 CARD AND
PLACE IT WHERE IT WILL DRAW YOUR ATTENTION AND ACT AS A FREQUENT REMINDER.
There is an abundance of success waiting for each and everyone; but it is not available to everybody,
because…DIFFERENT PEOPLE REACT DIFFERENTLY TO THE SAME SITUATION.
BSAS Bjorn Secher Achievement Systems
3300 N.E. 16th Court. Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33505 • (305) 561-3222 Feb1988
Bjorn Secher. Your Appointment with Success: The Way to Get Rich. http://www.amazon.com/Your-Appointment-With-Success-Rich/dp/0811901971/
Iqbal Osman, Teresa, Mike Massaroli, Fianchetto and 13 others. “How to Save Yourself from Toxic People:” http://www.wikihow.com/Save-Yourself-from-Toxic-People
Bjorn Secher. Your Appointment with Success: The Way to Get Rich:
James Allen. As a Man Thinketh: https://www.amazon.com/As-Man-Thinketh-James-Allen/dp/1514698692/
Mike Dooley. Choose Them Wisely: https://www.amazon.com/Choose-Them-Wisely-Thoughts-Become/dp/1582702330/
Stephen Richards. Ask and the Universe Will Provide: https://www.amazon.com/Ask-Universe-Will-Provide-Straightforward-ebook/dp/B01FWWKSSY/