“10 Great Websites for Illustrators” by Joan Y. Edwards
1.Creative Blog, Illustration. Art. Graphic Design.. http://www.creativebloq.com/tag/illustration
2.Vectips. “Illustrator and Vector Resources:” http://vectips.com/illustrator-and-vector-resources/
3. Illustration Age. “The Ultimage Resource for Illustrators:” https://illustrationage.com/
4. Design Tuts Plus. Articles. “30 Amazing Websites for free stock and design resources:” https://design.tutsplus.com/articles/30-amazing-websites-for-free-stock-and-design-resources–cms-24256
5. My personal favorite sites for free images for personal and commercial use.Many sites have ads for images you have to pay for at the top. Make sure what you download isn’t one you for which you need to pay.
a. FreePik. Free Vectors, human. http://www.freepik.com/free-vectors/human
b. Pixabay free images for personal or commercial.. http://www.pixabay.com
c. Morguefile free images for personal and commercial use. http://www.morguefile.com
6. Online Drawing Classes Free Online Drawing Classes https://www.thoughtco.com/free-online-drawing-classes-1098200
7. Make Use Of “Learning to Draw YouTube Videos:” http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/learn-draw-youtube-videos/
8. Other YouTube artists I enjoy using.
a. Aaron Rutten. YouTube.com. http://www.youtube.com/user/anatomyofrockthe
b. Mark Crilley. https://www.youtube.com/user/markcrilley
c. Art for Kids Hub. https://www.youtube.com/user/Artforkidshub
d. The Virtual Instructor: https://www.youtube.com/user/thevirtualinstructor
e. Circle Line School: “Circle Line Art School” https://www.youtube.com/user/circlelinemedia”>https://www.youtube.com/user/circlelinemedia
9. Art apps and software that are worthwhile your experimentation:
a. “Best Drawing and Sketching Apps:” http://www.talkandroid.com/guides/best-apps/best-drawing-and-sketching-apps/
b. “18 Apps Every Creative and Artist Type Should Download Right Now.” http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/09/art-apps_n_5762584.html
c. “Best Drawing Apps:” https://www.tomsguide.com/us/pictures-story/652-best-drawing-apps.html
d. I use Paint.net software a lot on my Windows computer. It’s free. It helps me change images from png to jpg easily. I can also change the size of images.
I hope you enjoy browsing and reading about these resources. I hope they inspire you and help you move forward to your illustrating goal.
Tell me your favorite apps, software, and inspiration. Thanks for visiting. I’d love to hear from you.
Never Give Up
Live with Enthusiasm
Celebrate Each Step You Take
Please check out my books:
Flip Flap Floodle, Will this little duck’s song save him from Mr. Fox?
Joan’s Elder Care Guide published by 4RV Publishing