“Bloom Where You Are Planted” by Joan Y. Edwards
Are you lacking the necessary ingredients to bloom where you are planted? Or do you have them and just don’t realize it.
I hope these ideas will inspire you to find joy, peace, health, and wealth wherever we are.
One person who is given credit for saying Bloom Where You Are Planted is St. Francis de Sales (1567-1622). He said: “Truly charity has no limit; for the love of God has been poured into our hearts by His Spirit dwelling in each one of us, calling us to a life of devotion and inviting us to bloom in the garden where He has planted and directing us to radiate the beauty and spread the fragrance of His Providence.”
Mary Engelbreit created a picture that helped this saying become popular. You can see it here at the following link: https://www.facebook.com/commerce/products/bloom-where-you’re-planted-magnet/612792492726
How do you bloom where you are planted mean?
- Even if you don’t like where you are and your present circumstances, you make the best of it.
- Even if you don’t understand why God has allowed something to happen to you, you make the best of it, and look for ways to be a good example to others.
- Even if you don’t like being sick, you make the best of it and visualize yourself well and take action to make it happen.
- Even if you blame yourself and everybody and his brother, it won’t change what happened or alter what your present situation is, therefore be thankful for the good that exists within you and around you. In other words, when someone hands you a “lemon” of a bad situation, make “lemonade.” Transform it into something great.
- When you look in the mirror, you realize that you are human and love and accept yourself in spite of and because of the situation and circumstances you are in right now.
The more you resist being somewhere or having something you don’t like, the longer you’ll have it. What you resist, persists. There is peace in accepting things as they are. Only in accepting them are you able to get on with your life and take action to change it to something better.
Here are quotes from the Bible that relate to Bloom Where You Are Planted:
- Ecclesiastes 3:4-14 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent, and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
- 1 Corinthians 7:17 Nevertheless, each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them.
- John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit.
- Song of Songs 2:15 Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.
Joel Osteen says to believe that God has anointed you to make it through anything and everything he hands to you. God anoints you with the blessings you need to survive and bloom wherever you are. If you feel a slight lack of faith, ask God to renew your anointing. “God, give me a fresh anointing on my thoughts. Give me new strength of body and mind and new ideas to empower me.”
Say to yourself every day: “I am blessed. I am equipped. I am able. I am well. I am healthy.” Whatever it is you want to be, declare it as if it is that now. You are anointed with everything you need to bloom where you are planted.
I pray that God fill you with peace and understanding. Please leave a comment. Please let me know what you do when you get discouraged where you are. What helps you bloom where you are planted?
Resources are below signature.
What? You’re not subscribed to my blog? Receive free gifts. Subscribe now. Join 700,000 visitors. You’ll be sent an email to confirm your subscription. Thank you.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards, Author
Copyright © 2014-2019 Joan Y. Edwards
Flip Flap Floodle Will this little duck’s song save him from Mr. Fox?
Joan’s Elder Care Guide A guide to help caregivers and elders find solutions.
80 Gospel-Based Crossword Puzzles for Year B Fun for Children’s Liturgy, Children’s Church, Sunday School, and Home Bible Study.
- 1 Corinthians 7:17
- John 15:5
- Mary Engelbreit. “Bloom Where You Are Planted:” https://www.maryengelbreit.com/products/bloom-where-youre-planted-fine-print
- Song of Songs 2:15
- Tom Langford. “Bloom Where You’re Planted:” http://tomlangford.wordpress.com/2010/01/03/bloom-where-youre-planted/
6 thoughts on “Bloom Where You Are Planted #2”
I’m blooming! I’m blooming! Giving thanks for my many blessings! Thanks for being a friend through good and bad, Joan.
Hurray for you! I am so proud of you. You are beautiful blooming.
Never Give Up
Joan, your five points are so wise. You have wisdom to impart.
I believe we must love what is and be grateful. We can change only some things. Then we must make peace with what is and move on. Each day we have a choice to be happy…or not, to complain…or not, to love and be loved///or not. You know what my choices are!
My husband and I will celebrate our 45th anniversary tomorrow. I am grateful for each day.
Your words are full of grace and intelligence.
Thank you for writing. You are right about the choices we have. Sometimes humanity steps in and we want to make one choice, but can’t seem to muster up the energy or control of will to do it.
Accepting and loving ourselves in the midst of our humanity and weakness is choice that gives us a little peace that goes a long way towards healing us.
Congratulations on your 45th Anniversary. I am happy and excited for you and Richard. You are a great example of a loving husband and wife. I admire you.
Celebrate you and Richard,
Never Give Up
I must have known how bad i needed this blog. Thank you,Thank you for writing it.The Lord works in wonders ways!!
Thank you for writing. I’m glad that my blog post helped replace used up energy and pointed you to new sources of power and strength. Keep looking around you. God is constantly blessing you. Look for his blessings every day.
Never Give Up