“Will Your Query Letter Sell Your Manuscript?” by Joan Y. Edwards
Does your query letter have what It takes? Does it contain all the components of a good query letter? Does it have all the necessary ingredients? Will your query letter sell your manuscript? Check it out for all the components listed below:
A great query letter:
- Contains a great selling pitch that leaves the agent or publisher so moved by the story that they can’t wait to see your full manuscript.
- Convinces an editor or agent that they are the right publisher or agent for this book.
- Compares 1-3 books published by this publisher or represented by this agent.
- Explains why you are the best person to write this story and gives your credentials.
- Thanks the editor or agent for considering your work.
- Asks the question: “May I send you my manuscript?”
- Tells when you expect to hear from them.
- Gives name, address, city, state, zip code, phone number, email, websites, and blogs,
- Includes a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) when the guidelines ask for one.
- Follows the guidelines of the editor or agent.
Here’s my article: “Components of a Good Query Letter.” You might enjoy it: http://joanyedwards.com/2011/04/17/components-of-a-good-query-letter/
Thank you for sharing your life with me. Please leave a comment.
Subscribe to Joan’s blog for new articles of inspiration, information, and humor. Receive free gifts. Join over 100 other subscribers and over 700,000 visitors. You’ll be sent an email to confirm your subscription. Thank you.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards, Author
Copyright © 2011-2019 Joan Y. Edwards
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards
Flip Flap Floodle Will this little duck’s song save him from Mr. Fox?
Joan’s Elder Care Guide A guide to help caregivers and elders find solutions.
80 Gospel-Based Crossword Puzzles for Year B Fun for Children’s Liturgy, Children’s Church, Sunday School, and Home Bible Study.