“Read the Publisher’s Guidelines” by Joan Y. Edwards
If you submitted in last month, hurray for you. If you didn’t submit your work last month, it’s okay. You can do it this month. Perhaps you’re in better shape to do it now.
Perhaps you did more research for your article. You have photos and information from an interview to add to it. Maybe you rewrote the second chapter of your novel because it needed better dialogue. Accept yourself where you are. Be proud of who you are and all that you’ve done in your life.
Get yourself ready to submit a manuscript to a publisher on the third Friday of this month. It can be an article, poem, puzzle, devotion, illustration, short story, chapter book, middle grade novel, young adult novel, adult novel, play, movie. In other words, the sky is the limit as to what you can submit. Don’t give up. Get your creative work ready to send off. Go For It. Let me hear you shout, “YEE HAW! I CAN DO IT. I CAN DO IT. I CAN DO IT.”
- Make a list of three possible publishers for this particular creative work of yours.
- Read all three publishers’ guidelines.
- Select the publisher you will use this month.
- Print out a copy and save a copy of the publisher’s guidelines.
- Fine tune your manuscript – have your writing group or other professional writer critique it.
Good luck! Do something good for yourself today! Laugh out loud!
What motivates you to submit a manuscript or article? Leave a comment. Ask a question. I’d love to hear from you.
Copyright © 2010-2019 Joan Y. Edwards. All rights reserved.