“20 Resources for Illustrators” by Joan Y. Edwards
I found a few blogs, websites, and YouTube links that might help inspire you as an illustrator and help you improve your skills.
- Caldecott Award – http://www.ala.org/alsc/awardsgrants/bookmedia/caldecottmedal/caldecottmedal
- Creative Blog. “9 Top Illustrator Resources.” http://www.creativebloq.com/illustrator/resources-113968
- Diane Cricket Phillips. “The Difference Between Illustration and Art – Cricket Diane C Phillips – Cricket House Studios – 2008:” https://cricketdiane.wordpress.com/2008/02/20/the-difference-between-illustration-and-art-cricket-diane-c-phillips-cricket-house-studios-2008/
- Harold Underdown. “Picture Book Manuscripts and Illustrations:” http://www.underdown.org/picture-books-illustrations.htm
- Jodie Rodriguez. “Exploring Illustrating Techniques in Picture Books:” http://growingbookbybook.com/2013/08/10/exploring-illustrating-techniques-in-picture-books-10-for-10/
- Lynne Chapman. “An Illustrator’s Life for Me:” http://lynnechapman.blogspot.com/
- Nate Williams. “How to Start Your Illustrator Career http://www.n8w.com/wp/552
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators. “Frequently Asked Questions:”
- Marketsplash.com. “Illustration Tools:” https://marketsplash.com/illustration-tools/
- 11 Stunning Illustrator Websites That Will Inspire You (wix.com)
YouTube videos to help illustrators
- Jazza. “How to Create Characters (the Design Process):” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpj2J4tn4YI
- Leonardo Pereznieto. “5 Tips to Be a Successful Artist! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fefYsWHHc0I
- Lynne Chapman. “How to Illustrate a Picture Book: Creating the Drawings:” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5DQXg86luA
- Mark Crilley. “Creating Characters – 6 Tips to Help You:” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph7-q9GOMR0
- Michael. How to Draw and Paint Channel on YouTube. “Drawing Lesson: River Bed Exercise:” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohcSwOKumGE
- Virtual Instructor: “Drawing Exercises:” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1sW99idvak
- Patti Stewart”How to Illustrate a Book:” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MScZchvX97E
- Will Terry. “Drawing Characters: – One of 7 videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWxdLNLKJvk
- Will Terry. “How to Illustrate a Children’s Book:” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpVZF7FbQww
- Will Terry. “How to Improve Your Drawing Skills Quicker” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbb_ctVMTeA
Please share links of resources that in the comments area links that help you in your illustrating journey.
What? You’re not subscribed to my blog? Receive free gifts. Subscribe now. Join 700,000 visitors. You’ll be sent an email to confirm your subscription. Thank you.
Never Give Up
Joan Y. Edwards, Author
Copyright © 2015 Joan Y. Edwards
Flip Flap Floodle Will this little duck’s song save him from Mr. Fox?
Joan’s Elder Care Guide A guide to help caregivers and elders find solutions.
80 Gospel-Based Crossword Puzzles for Year B Fun for Children’s Liturgy, Children’s Church, Sunday School, and Home Bible Study.