Good News A41
If Two Agree in Prayer
Twenty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time
If two of you agree on earth about anything for which they are to pray, it shall be granted to them by my heavenly Father.
There is strength in numbers. Jesus tells us in this Gospel, that where two or three are gathered together in his name, there he is in the midst of them. That if two of us agree on earth about anything for which we are to pray, that it shall be granted to us by Jesus’ heavenly father. What a deal! Now, the tricky part is getting us to agree on what we are going to pray for. There are many needs of God’s holy people today.
1. Lord, let there be peace on earth.
2. Lord, let it rain on the areas of the World that are in the midst of a drought.
3. Lord, let the poor become rich with the knowledge that God will furnish their needs.
4. Lord, let those who are starving find food.
5. Lord, let us be examples of the goodness of God on earth.
6. Lord, let those who are sick be made well.
7. Lord, let those who are being abused, be moved into an area of caring and loving people.
8. Lord, let those who are living evil ways change to ways of goodness and mercy.
9. Lord, let us forgive ourselves and others for our human mistakes and weaknesses.
10. Lord, forgive us for making anything more important than you, God, almighty Father.
We cannot decide which of these prayers is the most important. God knows better than us what our needs are. But since Jesus said he would grant our wishes if two of us could agree to pray for the same thing. Please pray that God grant the wishes listed above. There is indeed strength in numbers. God will hear and answer our prayers. He has promised to grant the prayers we agree upon. We can count on it! God is so good to us!
Now pray the “Our Father” and thank God for answering our prayers.
“Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.”
Copyright ©2002, 2004 Joan Y. Edwards. http://www.joanyedwards.com/ All rights reserved.